TRAINING FOR OPERATIONAL EXCELLENCE
Supporting Business, Improving Productivity
Are the right skills in place to drive operational excellence?
Do your teams have the right problem solving skills?
Does poor communication hinder progress towards improvement?
Preparing for Excellence – Be a world beating you!
It can be said that all organisations face tough challenges in today’s highly competitive markets. The pressure to maintain competitiveness, control costs whilst driving improvements to increase market share undoubtably puts massive strain on the business, it’s process and most importantly, the people.
The capacity for organisations to change, improve and grow, requires a customer focused strategy coupled with the right systems, culture and skills. Mastering these elements puts any business firmly on the road to operational excellence.
Simply put, it’s about being the best at what you do!
Investing in your staff gives your business the essential skills to stay ahead of the competition, maintains a happy and productive workforce and underpins your progression towards Operational Excellence.
You can achieve operational goals with practical and relevant training which is focused on delivering immediate productivity gains to your organisation.
Check out our Lean manufacturing video on continuous flow
HOW WILL I BENEFIT
Operational excellence training offers;
- An increased capacity for shop floor problem solving with the ability to identify and eliminate wasteful activities.
- Reduced operational costs, shorter delivery times and increased product quality.
- It fosters a positive behavioural safety culture, complimenting process and environmental safety.
- The development of a common process improvement language which encourages teamwork and improves communication.
- Reduced customer complaints leading to increased customer satisfaction, enhancing company image and reputation.
- Generates purpose, drive and enthusiasm to meet both business and personal goals. It raises company standards towards operational excellence.
- An energised, engaged and upskilled workforce resulting in reduced staff turnover, enhanced job satisfaction, boosted morale and happier staff.
- Satisfies quality management objectives by providing relevant jobs skills and progressing staff development.
IMPROVEMENT WITH LEAN SIX SIGMA
Lean Six Sigma is an incredibly powerful team-based business strategy for improving productivity and efficiency within a business. It is a combination of two effective continuous improvement methods.
Lean methodology offers a structured approach to eliminate or reduce non-value adding activities. Six Sigma is a data driven methodology which reduces variation and defects. The combination of these two business strategies are essential for advancing the journey of any businesses towards operational Excellence.
Lean is a collection of tools designed to understand the true value a customer assigns to a product. The tools and techniques logically identifies and removes wasteful activities and inefficiencies, rooting out the underlying causes of unexpected problems. Fundamentally it is a mindset for improving product quality, boosting delivery times and reducing operational costs.
“the most dangerous kind of waste is the waste we don’t recognise”
Learn more about our Lean process improvement service here.
Six sigma is a fact based, data driven approach which systematically quantifies a process in terms of its capability and performance. The data drives the decision making on how to reduce variation and reduce defects to strive for a total quality process with near zero defects, ultimately improving product quality, delivery of service and reducing costs.
Projects typically follow the established stage gated DMAIC framework.
DEFINE. Identify the problem or opportunity.
MEASURE. Validate performance by collecting data.
ANALYSE. Determine the underlying causes.
IMPROVE. Create, select and implement the solutions.
CONTROL. Maintain and sustain the improved performance.
Learn more about our Six Sigma process improvement service here.
Measurement is the first step that leads to control and eventually to improvement. If you can’t measure something, you can’t understand it. If you can’t understand it, you can’t control it. If you can’t control it, you can’t improve it.
RELEVANT AND PROGRESSIVE TRAINING FOR EXCELLENCE
Training takes the form of workshop style based learning where the theory is set in context with real world case study examples, interactive sessions and discussion, all designed to fully embed the learning.
Alternatively, training can be delivered as part of an improvement project. Here new skills are learned during an actual live event. This real time learning fully engages each member of the team, actively participating with defined roles and responsibilities seeing the benefits first hand.
A longer-term approach can be taken, where specifically tailored training is regularly carried out alongside a rolling improvement programme, typically 3-6 month project cycles.
Production Support 56 believe that both approaches are valid and should be determined by the business objectives. Short term improvement projects can help get over specific obstacles and have immediate benefits. Developing a long-term continuous improvement culture required long-term commitment, but if done right will be rewarded with astonishing results.
BESPOKE TRAINING PROGRAMS
- Together we assess your business needs and company objectives to identify the most suitable training for your staff.
- We create personalised training programs that are based on your individual business needs.
- Workshop style learning coupled with expert support to apply learning on the shop floor as part of a site improvement project.
- A mixture of interactive discussion, workshop style learning and challenging group exercises to embed the learning.
- Personal development packages to improve staff engagement, effectiveness and productivity.
Problem solving packages are created using the relevant and practical tools handpicked from the Lean and Six-Sigma framework.
- Root cause analysis. (RCA)
- 5 whys problem solving.
- Process and value steam mapping. (VSM)
- Quick turnaround. (SMED)
- Workplace organisation. (5S)
- Cause and effect analysis. (Ishikawa) 6M’s
- The 8 wastes of Lean, identification and eradication.
Personal Productivity Training (PPT)
- Time management.
- Effective planning.
- Building teams.
- The urgent, important and the wasteful.
Lean Six-Sigma certification
- White Belt.
- Yellow Belt.
- Green Belt.
- Applied Six Sigma – Workplace project.
Six sigma tools
- Measurement systems analysis. (MSA)
- Design of experiments. (DOE)
- Handling data – correlation and causation.
- Design for Six Sigma. DMADV (DFSS)
- Failure mode & Effects analysis. (FMEA)
- Capability analysis.
- Statistical process control. (SPC)
WHY PRODUCTION SUPPORT 56?
- We have over 20 years experience at using training to support business improvement activities.
- Our team designs and delivers training to meet your current operational objectives.
- We have a proven track record of reducing costs, improving quality and shortening delivery times.